I'm an engineer at Google. I created Asterank, acquired by Planetary Resources in 2013.
I was an early engineer and tech lead at Room 77, acquired by Google in 2014.
In late 2014 I started Alioth, a consulting firm focused on data analytics and visualization.
- Ancient Earth, interactive globe that shows what the Earth used to look like, up to 600 million years ago (Chrome Experiment).
- google-pagerank, an npm module for checking pagerank, along with a no-bullshit pagerank checker.
- Pluto Globe, interactive globe that will be updated as New Horizons approaches Pluto in July 2015.
- Neutral Gas, micro carbon offsets for individual gas fill-ups.
- DinosaurPictures.org, the world's #1 source for awesome dinosaur pictures.
- The Space Potato, a successful kickstarter for a potato-powered mission to near space.
- Interview Club, a marketplace for companies to hire top-tier engineers to screen their candidates, won 5 prizes ($13,500 cash) at LAUNCH Hackathon.
- Meteor Showers, visualizations of meteor streams for the SETI Institute.
- High-Altitude Balloons that take pictures from near-space.
- Asteroid Model Viewer, accurate 3D interactive webgl models of asteroids (Chrome Experiment).
- Luna, 3D interactive moon visualization.
- RapChat, revolutionizing communication in the 21st century - a work in progress.
- AdDetector, a browser plugin that spots articles with corporate sponsors (Wall Street Journal, Engadget, The Verge, Lifehacker, PCWorld, German Public Radio(!?), Consumerist, etc).
- ListeningPost, an app that provides realtime context for meetings and conversations (finalist at YC hacks).
- CodeNav, a browser extension that makes navigating code on Github much better.
- techinterviews.co, a marketplace for technical interview coaches and mentors.
- TextBelt International, the free texting API that now works in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and parts of Asia (CNET, OSX Daily)
- TalkThen, a site that starts phone meetings at exactly the scheduled time, so your calls never start late
- Bunkmates, a community for people looking to split hotel rooms and save lots of money (LAUNCH hackathon)
- HonestMemo, an internal company forum that solicits feedback and constructive criticism
- Candid Candidates, a browser extension that annotates political news with facts, won $1500 at Seattle Open Government hackathon
- apple-monitor, an open source way to monitor Apple inventory
- autoreload, a script and node middleware that refreshes your browser as you develop
- Asterank Discover, crowdsourced asteroid discovery (10k+ users, 180k+ images reviewed, maybe some asteroids discovered)
- Watchtower, a service that monitors your business competition, finalist at LAUNCH hackathon.
- Galaxies, a 2 billion light-year cubed visualization of the largest n-body simulation ever.
- Asterank v2, major updates including new dataviz and scientific APIs, featured on BBC News.
- Verified Facts, a conspiracy theory generator, viral with over half a million conspiracies generated (boingboing, Neil Gaiman)
- In 2013 Dollars, a quick reference site for inflation
- Six Degrees of Bowie, a graph of musical influencers.
- web-workers-fallback, a web worker compatibility layer for older browsers.
- github-participation-graph, an extension that makes repo activity graphs nicer.
- World of Loot, pinterest-style MMO wishlists.
- fb-unsee, a Chrome extension that stops Facebook from telling people when you've read their messages
- Asterank, a comprehensive scientific and economic catalog, as seen in Science Illustrated, Universe Today, The Daily Mail, etc.
- GiftHorse, a revenue-generating gift suggestion engine, still in progress
- TextBelt, a completely free texting API (tutorial writeups here, here), over 300k texts sent
- KeepDream, email-based dream logs
- lok, a curses-based encrypted journal/notes editor in C
- Gilded Age, a newspaper content analysis and visualization project