I'm a software engineer at Google. I created Asterank, which was acquired by Planetary Resources in 2013.
I was also an early engineer and tech lead at Room 77, acquired by Google in 2014.
- CodeNav, a browser extension that makes navigating code on Github much better.
- techinterviews.co, a marketplace for technical interview coaches and mentors.
- TextBelt International, the free texting API that now works in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and parts of Asia (CNET, OSX Daily)
- TalkThen, a site that starts phone meetings at exactly the scheduled time, so your calls never start late
- Bunkmates, a community for people looking to split hotel rooms and save lots of money (LAUNCH hackathon)
- HonestMemo, an internal company forum that solicits feedback and constructive criticism
- Candid Candidates, a browser extension that annotates political news with facts, won $1500 at Seattle Open Government hackathon
- apple-monitor, an open source way to monitor Apple inventory
- autoreload, a script and node middleware that refreshes your browser as you develop
- Asterank Discover, crowdsourced asteroid discovery (10k+ users, 100k+ images reviewed, maybe some asteroids discovered)
- Watchtower, a service that monitors your business competition, finalist at LAUNCH hackathon
- Asterank v2, major updates including new dataviz and scientific APIs, featured on BBC News
- Verified Facts, a conspiracy theory generator, viral with over half a million conspiracies generated (boingboing, Neil Gaiman)
- In 2013 Dollars, a quick reference site for inflation
- Six Degrees of Bowie, a graph of musical influencers
- web-workers-fallback, a web worker compatibility layer for older browsers
- github-participation-graph, an extension that makes repo activity graphs nicer
- World of Loot, pinterest-style MMO wishlists
- fb-unsee, a Chrome extension that stops Facebook from telling people when you've read their messages
- Asterank, a comprehensive scientific and economic catalog, as seen in Science Illustrated, Universe Today, The Daily Mail, etc.
- GiftHorse, a revenue-generating gift suggestion engine, still in progress
- TextBelt, a completely free texting API (tutorial writeups here, here), over 100k texts sent
- KeepDream, email-based dream logs
- lok, a curses-based encrypted journal/notes editor in C
- Gilded Age, a newspaper content analysis and visualization project